Sunday, October 01, 2006

Baptisms, Quail and Videos

A few days ago we bumped into a friend from Los Angeles who was in Armenia for the baptism of their second son. As in good Armenian tradition we were invited to the Baptism and happily agreed to attend. The event, which rivaled any wedding I have ever been to was held at the Ashdarak Zdor Restaurant. It was quite a blast and we had a really nice time. The highlight of the evening was the third course (Khorvadz Quail). I fed it to the girls and Houry telling them how cute the little chickens were :) Well, after they had all tried it, I told them that it was really quail. One day day later, they are still not really talking to me.

On another note, we have found a good video rental place that has quite a few English language DVDs. Today the girls and Houry watched Bridget Jones Diary and I watched Snakes on a plane. Their movie was fine...mine had people talking over the movie and walking in front of the screen!

French President and Charles Aznavour were in town this past weekend. Crazy traffic and loads of events. We seemed to miss much of the excitement.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger The Abajian Family said...

O.K. Cherian Family, I will let the girls respond to how the quail tasted. I thought they were great. I do have pictures to post, but can only do that when I am not logged onto the internet at 44kbs.

As to my next bottle of Vodka, it will be in Joe's honor and I will definately get a pic of me breaking the bottle in Joe's honor!

Hey Barsoumians! We miss you guys too and hope you are all well. When are you planning to join us in Yerevan for a visit? (Hopefully not before we move into our place!) Serious, book early and save $$$.

Hi Pigeons! Same goes for you guys about visiting. We promise a grand time for Padrick and Armand! Plus with any luck, our giant Ford Expedition will be in Armenia in about three weeks, so we can travel around in class and comfort. Just an update on another topic, we have had a chance to get to meet Sevan and his family. They are terrific and we are looking forward to spending time with them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home