Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lunch with the 1st-1st Lady

So, this is Houry's first post. It is in the form of the body of an email to Aunt Zevart....

Flora (from L.A.) and I went to do the church's orphan stuff and when we were done she said "let's have lunch." She asked if it OK if "digin" Lucia comes? I said of course. When we were walking to the restaurant I asked Flora "who is Digin Lucia?" She said Lucia Ter-Petrosian (the wife of the first President of Armenia, Levon Ter-Petrosian.) I almost died!

She was very nice and humble and very low key. I told the girls, who were with us at this time, that this is our first 1st lady. They were a little shy but got over it fast.

While we were having lunch, Pete called and asked where we were so he can come join us. I couldn't tell him that we were sitting with "Digin" Lucia. He walked in and saw that we were sitting with the first 1st lady and you could see the shock in his face. Anyway it was an interesting lunch! When we were done I was so excited that I asked the waitress "did you know who she was? She didn't realize until I told her. She said "Well, Kocharian's son is outside having lunch now!"

So now I can add my comments: Only in Armenia can you have lunch with all these folks without writing a huge check to some campaign fund. On another note, the Mokka Cafe finally opened by the Cascade last week. This is located next door to Phoeniccia and is where the lunch took place. They have good dessert! However, if you are anything other than a 13 year old girl, the decor leaves much to be desired. It essentially looks like a cross between Disneyland Magic Castle and a Bordello.

Final note, our cargo is here and in cargo prison. Spent 3 days working on this. The girls Uggs and a pair of Chanel shoes and purse was all I was able to rescue so far. We submitted all the papers today and as they say "let the games begin."

We moved across the hall on Sunday and the apartment is much bigger and now much cleaner than when we got it. Third move in two months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home